Friday, February 8, 2008

Here I come

Initially I thought it would be very straight-forward and that in 2 minutes I would have my first post. The first question I was asked by a friend (the same one that suggested me I should start a blog) is: why? why did you decide to have it in the end? And my honest answer is: i don't know - the idea just hit me today, in the middle of a Google search. So a simple answer (that would not answer the question though as it would only generate a new question) is: why not? I used to keep a diary when I was younger and its purpose was not for enumerating facts and events happening in my daily life, but just to put down on a piece of paper my thoughts, ideas and feelings so that I could maybe run into them at a later date, when I would laugh or cry reading and remembering sensations and events behind them.
I am not sure yet if this would be a more advanced, techie version of that journal, but i tend to say that it would be different. Different as it is somehow public and because I allow comments on whatever thought or idea I am expressing here, whereas the older one was secretly private.
As it is different, it scares me a bit. This is like a big black-box to me, but a box that may be full of surprises, which is why I am prepared to give it a chance.

All and all, creating a layout for this page that you are reading was not an easy choice and even though it didn't really come out exactly the same way I have imagined it, I am content about it. But i'm tired - very tired. It's very late and before I fall asleep I have to think of how I would like to present you my thoughts, if I should follow a specific line or if I should mix whatever happens to be in my mind at the time I'm writing all this down.