Sunday, February 24, 2008

Travelling around the world

When God created the Earth He did create all those amazing places, so different from one another, He created continents and oceans, created beaches and shores, created trees and hills and even desserts, then He created animals to populate the Earth.
And then God created Man. It was mankind that created towns and cities - each of them unique in its way. So many and spread across the whole globe, encapsulating secrets awaiting to be discovered in order to reveal their own 'world'.

I've been passionate about travels since always - I used to say that there is a little dwarf inside my brain always screaming for more adventure and more countries to visit and he would not let me in peace until I will fulfill his wish :)
I've mainly covered the whole European countries - Spain remains my big love among those. Barcelona is almost unreal, Venice was the most romantic city I've ever been to, and London is the royal city full of memories for me. Surprisingly, I didn't like Germany, I found Paris rather common (maybe because it is resembling Bucharest a bit - or maybe it was because i haven't been there with the loved one..) and I've sworn that I will never go to Vienna again (been there 3 times already, for whatever reason, I didn't like anything about it..)
America was my big Love. After years dreaming about the magic land overseas, I got to see it.
My first contact with the US land was Phoenix, Arizona. From Phoenix and Scottsdale I've been to the fascinating Grand Canyon, then to the Sin City in the Nevada Desert - Las Vegas, thereafter on the ocean coast, in Los Angeles or beautiful Santa Monica.

Berried deep down in my heart:
1. USA
2. Spain
3. Italy

On my wish list are:
1. South Africa
2. South Africa
3. South Africa :)
4. Peru
5. Thailand
6. Jamaica
7. Egypt
8. Brazil
9. China
10. Return to USA...

I would go to Sweden and Norway for a city break. I would also like to see Amsterdam.
And maybe one day to return to fabulous Venice.

But nowadays, all I can think of is: South Africa! Why? because of:
- Cape Town
- its wildlife and Kruger Park
- its Beaches
- Zulu-Natal
- bungee-jumping (only for the brave ones)

I wish that there were cheaper ways to travel, that time would not be such a big problem so that I'd get to see all those beauties from far away..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi vero, I will comment on your travelling around the world post, because it is my favourite part. Your travelling wish list is really interesting and exciting, but I want to recommend one more place for you, which you should visit in the future. You have to visit India where you would discover a country with great diversity and amazing places. You could start your trip from Nepal where you could visit Mount Everest, and go all the way down till you reach Maldives Islands where you would see the most beautiful beaches in the world.