Friday, March 7, 2008

Previous job - current job - two sides of the story

I have now been on both sides of the fence - supporting customers and being a customer myself - getting help from those who used to be my colleagues in the previous job I've had.
What I have realized: it is both hard and easy to be a customer.
- easy because you only express the issue the best you can so that the ones on the other side could understand your issue and offer help on it the best they can
- hard as sometimes support people don't really understand the gravity of a specific situation - or they just can't mobilize their forces to fit customers' required time.
When I have become the customer I was happy :) happy as i was again in touch with those on the other side.
Today I am again happy - happy because I have participated in a survey where I have scored the support analyst with greatest marks - because I know how much it means for those on the other side...

No comments: